The General fund entered into the following transactions during the fiscal year:
1. Levied property taxes of $10000000 with 5% estimated uncollectible and collected 98%.
2.Paid salaries and wages of $6000000
2. Compensated absences related to salaries and wages of $200000 current: $80000
3. Transferred $300000 to Debt service fund for bond repayment
4. Purchased office equipment for $700000 with 7-year useful life (city uses straight-line
5. Purchased water and sewer service from the Enterprises fund for $200000
6. Contributed $200000 to start up a new Internal service fund
7. Sold fully depreciated computer equipment for $1000 for scrap: original cost $20000
8. Paid expenditures for utility bills of $1000000
9. Received judgment for lawsuit of police brutality for $200000 to be paid during next
a. What journal entry would have been recorded for each of these transactions in the General
b. Prepare closing entries and a preliminary trial balance
c. Set up a conversion worksheet using the preliminary trial balance prepare and post the
reconciling adjustments if any and carry amounts into the government-wide financial statement columns.
Please provide correct information and for those providing information just trying to get points please do not waste mine or your time. Thank
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment.